Friday, December 20, 2013

MTC Week 2

Oi!! how is everyone doing? Thank you for all the emails.Thats good that you've been looking for a piano. When we do this language program study on the computer we are allowed to listen to some good music. Recently I've been listening to this group called The Piano Guys. They're amazing and maybe Grant could learn some of their songs. I hope Dad is okay, I'll keep him in my prayers! This week seems to have flown by. We have a really productive schedule made up of  personal studying, language studying, and classroom instruction. I've been working on memorizing more verbs, and trying to remember how to conjugate all the irregular verbs ( like ser, estar, and ir). Both my teachers are returned missionaries that are fluent in Portuguese. One of them is from Brasilia and served a spanish speaking mission in Oregon. They act as pesquisadors (investigators), and we are only allowed to teach in Portuguese. If we pronounce things wrong, or throw in any English words they don't understand our lesson. It is REALLY helpful training. My companion, Elder Moss, is really smart concerning the Gospel, he knows the best way to teach someone and how to explain it best for their needs, but he struggles a little with the language. We get along great and I'm so glad he is my companion while I'm here.

I got an Email from aunt Anna and uncle Bill in Spain. How old are Elliot and Liam? Could you ask them if they knew of a family by the name of Ventura? or maybe the Lara family? The first councilor in my branch presidency served in Barcelona in the 70's, and said maybe you would know of them. Grant also emailed me about researching with a law professor on Cyber War. That sounds Super interesting, and I'd like to know how it goes if you get the chance. Yesterday, I ate a chicken enchilada for dinner. And yes, we are very suspicious of the orange juice in the MTC, but I heard the rasberry lemonade is good, so thats a plus. I also got an email from Thomas, I was really happy to hear from him. By the way, I don't need a sweater, I'm warm I was just saying it was cold here compared to Recife Brazil, sorry for the confusion.

Could someone help me get Elder Bryson Bogle's Email Address? I would really like to write him. I was thinking Mckenna would have it , or maybe the Messico's could ask someone in their family down in NC for it. I also need the Messisco's email address too. To Jackie They have a shoulder bag and a power converter in the bookstore, so I will probably buy them there. Still working on getting pictures to everyone. I bought a card reader but I cant figure out how to upload pictures.

On Tuesday, President Rasband came and spoke to us about Spiritual gifts. Everyone has at least one Spiritual Gift, and most people have more. I'd encourage everyone to search the scriptures to learn more about spiritual gifts, to pray for them and to also ponder as to which gifts you may have. I also want to share a portion of my testimony. I Testify that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I testify that he completed the atonement, by suffering in the Garden of Gethsamene, dying on the cross, and being resurrected three days later. I testify that he did all of this for not only our sins, but for all of our pains, and sorrows. Because of this, we will never have to suffer through any temptation alone. If we will simply turn to him, he will help. He completed an infinite atonement according to the will of his father. I also Testify that God calls prophets in every dispensation, such as Adam, Enoch, Abraham, Noah and Moses, and that just as he did in the past, God has also called a prophet in our days. I testify that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, and translated the Book of Mormon through the power of God to restore the fullness of God's gospel on earth. I also Testify that the Book of Mormon is evidence that Joseph Smith was a prophet, and that anyone who reads it, ponders and prays with real intent to know if it is true will receive an answer through the power of the Holy Ghost. I also Testify that this gospel Blesses families in amzing ways, and that families are central to God's plan and are ordained of him. I wish you all a Merry Christmas, and ask that you remember the True meaning of why we celebrate Christmas, and not get caught up in the commercial season. Eu amo Voces!!!!!! ( I love you all)

Elder Hodgson

No comments:

Post a Comment